Thank you to the Two Writing Teachers and the Slice of Life writing community for providing this opportunity to share our "slices." Thanks to Stacey, Anna, Beth, Tara, Dana and Betsy for creating a place for us to share our work. Check out the other slices and join in the fun!
Today I find myself a bit frustrated with slicing. I'm not feeling confident in my writing and I feel as though I lack style. I wonder if it is just the timing in this challenge or the fact that I just wrote 26 days in a row? I don't know, but blogging/writing is new to me as of January. It is a new committment and just like everything else, I have to practice to get better.
My co-worker and friend happens to be reading aloud Pollyanna to her class and she reminded me today of the "Be Glad" game. I am not one for pessimism or glass half empty thinking so here's my attempt to change my thinking for today and BE GLAD that...
* I've stuck with slicing all month (so far)
* I've jumped outside my comfort zone
* my family loves me no matter what my writing style is ;)
* there are so many inspirational writers in the SOL community
* I had two positive coaching moments today!
* my two boys are so joyful, loving, and sweet
* my family is healthy
* my hubby is an awesome Dad
* I'm blessed to have my parents and see them everyday
And the finale...
*be glad that this slice is over (just kidding)!
Here's to a better "slicing" day tomorrow.