Thank you to the Two Writing Teachers and the Slice of Life writing community for providing this opportunity to share our "slices." Thanks to Stacey, Anna, Beth, Tara, Dana and Betsy for creating a place for us to share our work. Check out the other slices and join in the fun!
I'm in a New York state of mind and I will apologize now. Most of my slices from today through Monday will probably be about NYC as I'm super excited to head there this weekend for the Saturday Reunion at Teachers College.
I can't wait...
- for the bumpy cab ride to Manhattan
- for the warm chocolate chip cookie at the front desk as we check-in
- for the walk around our familiar block of midtown
- for the trendy sights
- for The Saturday Reunion
I'm anxious to see...
- the familiar coffee shop next door
- the Saturday morning cab ride up Riverside Dr.
- the corner drop off at Teachers College at Riverside Church
- Patricia Polacco's keynote
- being inspired
- Sunday morning Mass at St. Patrick's
- the Spring Rockette's show at Radio City
- the awe of being Whole Foods
- the beauty of corner markets
- the Walk to SoHo
- Italian treats at Ferrara's bakery
- new shoe purchases!
- the anticipation of the trip; the build up
- the opportunity for girl's weekend with my friend
- the idea of quaint dinners and shopping
- the return to Eataly
- idea of not having a plan, just a direction
Although I love all the familiar stops like...
- a ride through Central Park
- dinner at Risottos
- the Today Show
- Central Park
- the walk down Columbus Ave.
- taking Fifth Ave as far as we can
- dinner at Croton Reservoir and Tavern
I'm hoping to squeeze in new stops like...
- Chelsea Market
- the High Line
- meeting up with fellow slicers at the Kitchenette (happy I saw this on Fran's page)
Ahhhh....New York. I just can't wait.